Welcome

This is a Blog full of my inner most thoughts and opinions. Some times there are deeper then others, its just how my mind works.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Why Teenagers DON'T tell their parents everything

Just to tell anyone who may not know. If you haven't read my blog before I am a teenager and I know this title may not apply to everyone's parents but in most cases it does. Parents say they want to know everything but what they don't know is that parents, like children, have to gain trust. If a child tells their parent something and they flip out on them instead of talking to them rationally or if they handle simply situations poorly children won't be comfortable telling their parents things. This applies to any topic or field of conversation. If they are trying to tell you they are dating someone you don't like and you flip out, they will carry that into other topics such as drugs and peer pressure as well. In my case my mother never seems to really care about the words that escape my lips. I will tell her about an celebrity idol I have and she never seems to care or really listen. I remember that and just decide not to tell her things. Not just things about my idols but also things about what happen to me in my day to day life. For example, who I'm dating and things that happened that day even if they are important. And its not because I have anything to hide, it is because well she didn't want to know about me then and she probably won't now either. Another place where parents need to let children speak is during arguments. Most parents get mad and just basically tell their children to shut up when actually they may have some valid points that you didn't think of. Parents need to understand that they are only human to and that their children have a good level of intelligence as well. Despite what parents might think you didn't teach them EVERY thing they know so you don't know everything about them, no matter how much it is you know.

1 comment: